5 Ways To Combat Imposter Syndrome As a Working Mom
Motherhood brings big new changes in both your personal and professional life. If you're feeling anxious about your career, here are 5 things that might help.
Becoming a mom is a massive change. For some, it includes a shift in careers. It could be moving into full-time motherhood, pulling back to part-time, finding a more family-friendly job, or starting a side hustle. There are endless options but the shift can be scary. If you’re feeling insecure about making a change, here are some ways to reframe your thinking:
1. Your unique life experience qualifies you. There is no other you, with your specific lived experiences, story, and perspective.
2. Ask yourself: “If not me, then who?” You are likely more qualified than you give yourself credit for.
3. Lean into a growth mindset. It is never a bad idea to invest in yourself and learn from those who know more than you.
4. Portray confidence until it comes naturally. No one is confident right when they start out, but that’s never a good reason not to start.
5. When you start to feel insecure, remind yourself that everyone is learning and growing, and give yourself some grace.
Read more (via Motherly)